Tired of endlessly flipping through cookbooks and websites for recipes?

I'm here for you! I try out recipes and post the successes, so you don't have to waste time on failures. I only post the VERY BEST recipes I try out. You can be confident that if you plan to serve any of these, they will be a success! Don't substitute or you will not get the same result!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Easy, Fancy Crepes

Let me just tell you what a cool friend I have. She called me and invited our family over on a Monday night for dinner--they were serving crepes. I'm not that into crepes, but when I got there, she handed me a printed menu! She and her husband had two fancy crepe pans out and told us to place our order! I had FOUR. I ate them all. So tonight I borrowed her pans and made crepes for my in-laws, my mom and my family. Now they want to buy crepe pans and make them too! These are a complete meal and relatively easy to make. I just placed all the ingredients in glass bowls in front of the crepe station and made them as demanded.

Crepes:
This is only enough for 2 people. I had to quadruple it for our family.

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
2 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons melted butter, cooled slightly
1/4 teaspoon salt
Place all ingredients in a mixer and mix until blended, scraping down sides. Let stand an hour before serving.

Swirl 1/2 cup batter on crepe pan. Smooth with wooden crepe spreader. After about 30 seconds, flip. Spread filling--don't overdue it! A little bit of filling goes a long way. Fold into thirds and serve.

Savory Fillings


Sweet Basil & Tomato:
Basil, tomatoes, mozzarella, balsamic vinaigrette

Three Amigos:
Taco meat, black beans, corn, cilantro, sour cream

Breakfast:
Sweet Italian sausage, sharp cheddar, green onions

The Italian Job: (my personal favorite)
Genoa salami, Boursin cheese, arugula, tomatoes

Cheesy:
Cheddar & mozzarella


Sweet Fillings
Just Peachy:
Peaches, cinnamon, lemon zest, whip cream and powdered sugar

Traditional:
Butter, syrup and powdered sugar

Triple Chocolate:
Nutella, choc chips, white choc chips, powdered sugar

Apple Pie:
Apple pie filling, cinnamon, whip cream

Make up your own! My friend had raspberry creme, pumpkin spice and many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment