Tired of endlessly flipping through cookbooks and websites for recipes?

I'm here for you! I try out recipes and post the successes, so you don't have to waste time on failures. I only post the VERY BEST recipes I try out. You can be confident that if you plan to serve any of these, they will be a success! Don't substitute or you will not get the same result!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Try this Pumpkin Pie!

I'm not a big pumpkin pie fan. I think the ones you buy in store bakeries are almost rubbery. So I decided to attempt making one with a different flavor and texture, one that I could polish right off. I searched and found the following recipe from the Food Network. I doubled the spices and oh man! My husband doesn't like pumpkin pie, neither does my brother-in-law, but they both ate two pieces of this pie.
Ingredients

1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
2 large eggs
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup whole milk
1 1/2 tablespoons mild-flavored (light) molasses
1 9-inch unbaked homemade or purchased pie crust

Directions
Mix first 6 ingredients in large bowl to blend. Add pumpkin, eggs, cream, milk, and molasses; whisk filling to blend.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Pour filling into crust. Bake pie until set in center and slightly puffed around edges, about 1 hour 5 minutes. Cool pie on rack. Serve with freshly whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment