Tired of endlessly flipping through cookbooks and websites for recipes?

I'm here for you! I try out recipes and post the successes, so you don't have to waste time on failures. I only post the VERY BEST recipes I try out. You can be confident that if you plan to serve any of these, they will be a success! Don't substitute or you will not get the same result!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits

This recipe present beautifully. It's a good way to get kids to eat something healthy! I served it at my daughter's seventh birthday party--a dress up tea party. It comes from Rachel Ray: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/yogurt-and-fruit-parfaits-recipe/index.html

Ingredients:


3 cups vanilla nonfat yogurt
1 cup fresh or defrosted frozen strawberries in juice
1 pint fresh blackberries, raspberries or blueberries
1 cup good quality granola

Directions:

Layer 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt into the bottom each of 4 tall glasses. Combine defrosted strawberries and juice with fresh berries. Alternate layers of fruit and granola with yogurt until glasses are filled to the top. Serve parfaits immediately to keep granola crunchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment